For the cake:
2 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup of a mixture (any combination you prefer) of Flying Olive Lemon, Persian Lime, and/or Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oils
2/3 cup Chardonnay
3 cups unbleached white flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Butter or Flying Olive's Butter EVOO to grease pan
For the glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
the juice of all 3 citrus fruits
1/2 tsp vanilla
the zest of a lemon, a lime and a mandarin orange
To make the cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a Bundt pan well. (I use Flying Olive Butter EVOO)
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
3. With a mixer, beat eggs. Gradually add sugar and beat until batter is light and creamy. Mix together your choice of Flying Olive EVOOs and the Chardonnay. Stir to combine. Slowly add these to the batter.
4. Fold flour mixture into the egg mixture. Spoon batter into the buttered Bundt pan.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool for ten minutes then remove it from the pan.
6. Continue to let the cake cool until it is just warm, not hot, before mixing the glaze together.
To make the glaze:
1. Mix ½ of the squeezed juice and the vanilla together in a cup. Add the powdered sugar to a medium-sized bowl.
2. Gradually add the juice and vanilla combination to the powdered sugar, stirring constantly. Add more of the juice until the glaze is slightly thick but still runny.
3. Spoon the glaze on the cake, covering the entire surface. Reserve any extra glaze for serving, if desired.
4. Mix the zest together. Carefully sprinkle on the top and sides of the cake. When cake is entirely cool, slice and serve each piece, if desired, with the remaining glaze (which you may need to thin with the juice) and a few sprinkles of zest.
Submitted by Barb L.