This perfectly balanced, classically sweet balsamic vinegar comes from Modena, Italy. It is produced in the traditional style using the Solera System, where it is aged up to 18 years in chestnut, oak, mulberry and ash barrels to give it its smooth, rich taste.
It pairs well with any of Flying Olive’s EVOOs.
Flying Olive’s Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar complements salads, soups, fruit, beef, chicken, pork, and bread
Katie B.mixes Flying Olive Tuscan Herb and Aged Dark Balsamic on fresh veggies with feta cheese.
Some ideas for the use of this product:
- Drizzle over steamed or roasted vegetables, bruschetta, fruit ,or over ice cream
- Simmer over low heat with a splash of red wine to make a reduction to use on steak
- Combine with any Flying Olive’s single varietal, or Garlic, Basil, or Tuscan Herb EVOO for bread dipping or for a delicious salad dressing.
- Use it with a Flying Olive EVOO to marinade meat or veggies
- Add to chili or stews to enhance the flavor
- Drizzle over fresh fruit, tomatoes, or cheese
Here’s a wonderful idea from Kim R. From Georgetown, OH: cut Brussels sprouts in half, place in a deep stoneware dish, and pour a liberal amount of a good balsamic such as Flying Olive 18 Year Traditional Balsamic over the Brussels sprouts. Bake at 150 degrees overnight, or 8 hours.
for traditional balsamic, we enjoy and share it with many!”
Farro salad with fresh mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, and Flying Olive 18 Year Balsamic
Jerusha D created a peach and mozarella caprese: “Fresh peaches and fresh mozzarella drizzled with Peach and 18 yr Traditional Balsamics. Sprinkle with basil.”