Flying Olive Basil EVOO has the aromatic, green, and herbal taste of fresh-cut basil! Basil and olive oil are two main ingredients in Mediterranean cuisine. Use this whenever you want a fresh basil taste in your cooking.
It complements bread, pasta, poultry, salad, seafood, and vegetables.
This EVOO pairs well with Flying Olive Blackberry Ginger, Wild Blueberry, Dark Chocolate, Cranberry Pear, Grapefruit, Gravenstein Apple, Sicilian Lemon, Strawberry, and Aged Dark Traditional balsamic vinegars.
Some ideas for using this oil are:
- Use in a marinade for seafood or chicken.
- Brush on meat or veggies before baking, grilling, or roasting in the oven.
- Use in pizza crust, bread dough, or in Italian or Thai dishes.
- Use in making pesto or as a base for dipping oil.
- Try it on a summer salad or drizzle it on a caprese salad.
- Combine with Wild Blueberry or Strawberry EVOO’s for a deliciously fresh vinaigrette, then add fresh fruit.