Flying Olive’s Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar is simultaneously rich, dense, sweet, and tart. It complements salads, fruit, beef, chicken, pork, vegetables, ice cream, yogurt, and cheese.
This vinegar pairs well with Flying Olive’s Persian Lime, Gremolata, Eureka Lemon, Blood Orange, Red Apple, Wild Mushroom & Sage, Peach Balsamics as well as a Single Varietal such as Arbequina
Some ideas for the use of this product are:
- Use in place of wine to marinate lamb, beef, pork roasts, and chops to create a carmelized surface.
- Simmer down with pan juices from roasted lamb or chicken to make a reduction sauce for dinner.
- Mix with cherry preserves and red wine for a delicous ice cream sauce.
- Combine with Flying Olive’s Wild Mushroom and Sage EVOO to marinate chicken or pork.
- Combine with Lemon or Persian Lime oils or a Single Varietal EVOO such as Arbequina for salad dressing. Add dried cherries or cranberries, nuts, and cheese for a delicious salad.
- Drizzle on a Capese salad or bruchetta.
- Add a splash to your favorite pasta dish, especially anything with soft cheeses, fresh basil, or spinach.
- Add a drizzle into a fruit and nut-infused grain pilaf and finish off with fresh basil or parsley.
- Finish off a cheese platter by drizzling over cut cheeses, along with honey and chopped nuts.
- Drizzle over poached fruits like pears, apples, or figs, and finish with a dollop of mascarpone cheese.
- Whisk together with and Flying Olive Citrus Olive Oil (e.g. Blood Orange, Eureka Lemon, Persian Lime) for a ripe, fruity salad vinaigrette.