VERY HOT!! Flying Olive Harissa EVOO has the flavor of roasted chili peppers with hints of cumin, garlic, coriander, and caraway.
Harissa EVOO complements bread, eggs, meat, pasta, pork, beef, poultry, seafood, and vegetables
Harissa EVOO pairs best with the following Flying Olive Balsamic Vinegars: Blackberry Ginger, Black Cherry, Wild Blueberry and Cascadian Wild Raspberry. Other pairings include Coconut, Cranberry Pear, Dark Chocolate, Fig, Maple, Peach, Pineapple and other Aged DarkTraditional Balsamic Vinegars
Some ideas for using Harissa EVOO:
- Marinate with any Flying Olive Balsamic above for grilling or sauteing.
- Combine with Flying Olive Garlic or any Flying Olive Single Varietal EVOO when you want a hint of heat and great flavor.
- Combine with Strawberry or Wild Blueberry for a spicy, sweet and savory dressing.
- Use to fry or scramble eggs. Use in a Tex Mex omelet.
- Kick up the heat in a shredded carrot and raisin salad.
Denise T. from Amelia, OH prepares her rib eye steaks in a combination of Harissa, Pomegranate-Quince or Cinnamon Pear Balsamic, and adds a few grinds of ground pepper. She marinates them for about 6-7 hours, puts them on a grill, and cooks to her preferred doneness.
Another great idea from a customer: Make hummus with your usual recipe but use Flying Olive Lemon EVOO instead of your usual Flying Olive Single Varietal of EVOO. Drizzle Flying Olive Baklouti Green Chili EVOO or Harissa EVOO over the top for a nice spicy kick!