Currently, one of our BOLDEST tasting Extra Virgin Olive Oils. It is made exclusively from the Picual olive variety, grown in Andalucia, Spain.
It has intense fruity characteristics, and a round flavor. Beautiful radiant green color. A complex oil with hints of tomato vine, apple, fresh grass, and dandelion.
Its flavor is balanced, complex, sweet, bitter, and pungent. It finishes with a healthy pepperiness that lingers, denoting a high antioxidant (e.g. polyphenol) content. Bold intensity. Green grass and herbs on the nose with a grassy finish. Bold pepper and moderate bitterness on the finish.
Perfect when paired with Flying Olive’s 18 Year Traditional, Blueberry, Fig or Blood Orange for a great vinaigrette or marinade.
Some Ideas for using this product:
- Combine with Coconut Balsamic and drizzle over fresh tomatoes or cucumbers
- Saute’ fresh fish fillets or chicken tenders
- Drizzle over potatoes or veggies, add sea salt and a grind of fresh pepper and roast
- Mix lettuce, fruit, prosciutto, and almonds. Sprinkle with a vinaigrette of Melgarejo Picual, Dijon mustard, and your favorite balsamic vinegar
- Drizzle on crusty bread with a sprinkle of garlic and fresh tomatoes
- Our customers have the best ideas! Denise T. from Amelia, OH suggests mixing 1/4 cup Flying Olive Mission, Melgarejo Picual or the medium-robust single varietal Flying Olive of your choice with 3 Tbsp of Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar for a marinade. Add 4- 3/4″ loin pork chops and salt and pepper. Marinate for about 6 hours. Grill until cooked through.
- Here’s another great idea from Denise T: Sear a pork tenderloin in Flying Olive Mission, Melgarejo Picual, or the medium-robust Flying Olive Single varietal of choice. Move to a crock pot, add 1 cup of applesauce, 2-3 Tbsp of Flying Olive Red Apple Balsamic and cook on low for 5-6 hours.