Flying Olive’s Wild Mushroom and Sage EVOO is a delicious savory combination of fresh sage and other herbs with hints of shiitake, chanterelle, and wild mushrooms.
Flying Olive’s Wild Mushroom and Sage EVOO complements bread, eggs, pasta, pork, poultry, rice, salad, and vegetables.
Some Flying Olive Vinegars that pair well with this EVOO are Blackberry Ginger, Gravenstein Apple, Maple, Neapolitan Herb, Pineapple, Pomegranate-Quince, Red Apple, Sicilian Lemon and 18 Year Traditional.
Some ideas for the use of Wild Mushroom and Sage EVOO:
- Use to saute garlic and/or onions for chili and other Mexican or southwest dishes
- Drizzle over noodles, smoked Gouda cheese, cream of mushroom soup, risotto, stuffing, or aioli.
- Use to cook scrambled eggs and frittatas
- Before cooking, sauté dry rice in Wild Mushroom and Sage until translucent
- Use in place of butter for mashed or sweet potatoes
- Combine with Red Apple to inject into and baste poultry or use as a vinaigrette on a green salad
- Use it to saute veggies for stuffing and other dishes
- Drizzle on steaks, chicken, or pork to add delicious flavors when grilling or broiling
Our customers always have great ideas:
- Jim and Phyllis T. suggest brushing Flying Olive Wild Mushroom and Sage on a pizza crust before adding toppings. They also add their favorite combination of veggies to a skillet, add al dente pasta, garlic, and Wild Flying Olive Mushroom and Sage EVOO for a delicious meal.
- Ramona R. from Florence, KY, slices potatoes and places them in aluminum foil. She then drizzles Flying Olive Wild Mushroom and Sage EVOO over the potatoes, closes the foil, and bakes for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.